Verve Napa Valley, a guest service focused Wine Country tour and destination management company, is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant to assist with various functions of the office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- A wide variety of administrative and support functions – data entry, filing, copying, scanning, answering phones, research, database maintenance, calendar maintenance, appointment setting, follow-up confirmation and tour preparation
- Create new or update existing spreadsheets and correspondence
- Filing, label creation, contact and distribution lists
- Answer and route incoming telephone calls
- Professional attitude, strong work ethic
- Able to take direction, act as a team player, and ability to work independently
- High attention to detail, organization, and professionalism
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine and wineries
- Prior experience with special event planning and execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work enthusiastically within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Professional and poised demeanor and dress; demonstrates gracious hospitality and customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer proficiency required
- Minimum of three years office and administrative support experience
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written. Other languages a plus
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and while multi-tasking and taking direction on multiple projects
- Proactive, takes initiative, uses available resources to problem solve
- Ability to speak in front of small groups
- Ability to manage one's own time, prioritize responsibilities, and a keen sense of urgency
- Ability to proactively communicate with superiors regarding prioritization of workload, ask questions when assignments are not clear or missing information and/or when unable to meet requested deadline(s)
- Extraordinary customer service skills with co-workers and external customers
- Proven discretion in handling highly sensitive and confidential matters
- The ability to conduct and manage significant amounts of data and research
- The ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously and see them through completion
- Responsible for maintaining the offices in a clean and neat manner
- Proficient at an intermediate level in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook and Google Docs.
Hourly rate. DOE.
20 hours a week. Monday-Friday, with occasional events on weekends.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.