At Francis Ford Coppola Presents, creativity is core to everything we do and the Senior Brand Manager is responsible for harnessing this creativity to develop strategic, compelling consumer marketing initiatives that help Francis Coppola Diamond Collection and Director’s family brands achieve their long-term growth and profitability goals. The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for all aspects of the marketing mix and must excel in strategic thinking, project management, communication and team building to ensure all relevant parties are aligned on the brand objectives.
The position initially will be located in Napa, but will transition to near our winery in Geyserville within the next 12-18 months. There will be some travel, 6-10 times per year, and this person may also work 1-2 days a month at our winery in Geyserville.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, with emphasis in Marketing/Communications, preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years marketing experience required with a minimum 1-2 years direct supervision of staff.
Relevant experience in product, winery or lifestyle brand marketing preferred. Management of effective national advertising campaigns required.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of extreme creativity, with experience in developing out- of- the- box brand promotions or PR initiatives, while having the analytical skills to provide insights on brand and market performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Brand Management 80%
• Ensure company and family’s culture of creativity flows through all brand marketing initiatives in a strategic, relevant manner for all outreach initiatives.
• Develop strategic, long-term growth plans and annual business plans, focused on consumer marketing initiatives.
• Create and/or manage marketing mix including product positioning, packaging, POS develop and promotions in conjunction with the art department.
• Ensure consistent marketing and branding message across all consumer outreach channels.
• P&L responsibility for Brand spend; budget creation, managing total spend and providing ROI.
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of business and category key drivers, including overall competitive framework and brand/product dynamics
• Project management: Manages all brand marketing campaigns, advertising, brand promotions, digital, and event platforms in partnership with relevant internal teams (art department, sales, pr, web, winery, etc.).
• Prepares all marketing presentations, in conjunction with the Associate Brand Manager, for sales, trade, distributor, etc.
• Business Analytics: Regularly evaluates all aspects of brand performance, including shipments, depletions and IRI/Nielsen trends. Effectively consolidates analysis into top line learning and provides recommended actions when necessary.
Team Leadership/Culture 20%
• Effectively lead and mentor the Associate Brand Manager by setting development goals and subsequent projects that support both the company and ABMs successful growth.
• Build positive, supportive cross-functional relationships with key departments: Art Department, Winemaking, Production and all Direct teams.
• Consistently represent the company’s culture and founding pillars of Quality, Authenticity and Pleasure, and be a role model for the marketing team.
• Manage performance and assist in training employee to do their job and set standards for work performance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Advertising – Experience with creating ad campaigns that reach the target consumer, increase brand awareness and drive significant incremental consumption.
• Can move easily and comfortably between quantitative analytics and marketing creativity, with the ability to think strategically or tactically in different situations. (knowledge of IRI/Nielsen reporting and analysis required)
• Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
• Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
• Communication- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
• Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to manage all details related to the consumer marketing and project management
• Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Proactive approach to projects, always thinking ahead: Shows initiative to drive results and solve problems and can always be counted on to follow through.
• Relationship Management - Ability to build, foster, and nurture strong relationships and gain the trust and respect of cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
• Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
• Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
• This position requires frequently sitting and working at the computer
• Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Associate Brand Manager
We offer competitive salary, medical insurance, including Dental, Vision EAP, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account with Medical and Dependent care pre-tax benefits (FSA), and 401K.
Come join our growing company of wine, food, and adventure. To learn more about Francis Ford Coppola Presents, please visit our website at www.ffcpresents.com
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title and your name in the subject line.