Director of Sales – Midwestern United States
Cannonball Wine Company is a rapidly growing wine producer and marketer of super and ultra-premium wines from California, and critically acclaimed Astrolabe Wines from New Zealand. Known for whimsical label design and an innovative approach to wine making, we are a fast growing company that maintains and values a hands-on approach in the marketplace.
Cannonball Wine Company has an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified wine industry sales professional to oversee our Midwestern United States territory. The right candidate will possess and value an entrepreneurial spirit, is inspired by new challenges, and works exceptionally well within a team environment. Commitment and honesty are personal and professional principles we value greatly. We seek a professional who displays fiscal responsibility, and believes in building sustainable trade relationships with integrity.
Currently, this territory includes: MN, IL, WI, MI, IA, ND, SD, NE
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Director of Sales – Midwestern U.S. is responsible for:
• Increasing the placement and volume of the Cannonball Wine Company portfolio within territory.
• Consulting, training, and organizing brand awareness to all segments of the trade.
• Creating advantageous, customized programs and pricing for the marketplace.
• Managing distributors within the region: goal and quota management, new product introductions, price reconciliations, and maintaining established priorities.
• Ensuring that monthly, quarterly, and annual regional gross sales, profitability, and sales revenues are attained.
• Monitoring and controlling wholesalers' inventories, and assist in facilitating new orders.
• Properly allocating and managing POS and case allocations for the Cannonball Wine Company portfolio.
• Scheduling and conducting regular wholesaler sales meetings in a productive, educational, and inspiring format.
• Introducing the Cannonball Wine Company portfolio to the trade and consumers via consumer tastings and trade-shows.
• Formulating short- and long-term marketing strategies and performing market surveys to observe competitive conditions.
• Preparing and conducting semi-annual business reviews to include new product sales plans and strategies.
• Developing and managing regional sales budget.
• Ensuring that the Cannonball Wine Company culture is consistently supported in all business and employee interactions including; compliance with federal and state laws, and Cannonball Wine Company policies and procedures.
• Possess a Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject area.
• A minimum of ten years of experience in the wine industry; including six of those ten years in wine supplier activities with a preference for on-premise sales and/or wholesale distribution experience.
• Strong trade relations with experience and current knowledge of the major wine and alcohol markets, distributors, and buyers in the Midwest region.
• Require prior responsibility for both sales volume quotas and market profitability.
• Must be adept at recognizing and solving problems effectively and constructively.
• Must possess and exhibit excellent communication skills – oral, written, and presentation.
• Must possess unwavering integrity, modest self-confidence, and have an excellent ability to build relationships.
• Be able to develop, implement, and analyze brand development programs.
• Must have strong negotiation skills, be a strategic and creative thinker with the ability to make effective and sometimes difficult decisions.
• Candidate must be able to travel at least 80% of the time and occasionally include overnight and weekend hours.
• Proficiency with basic computer software and functions: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internet, BDN reporting software.
• Excellent leadership, time management, and organization skills.
• Willingness to work and flourish in a team environment.
• Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and liability insurance.
We offer competitive salary and annual bonus, a comprehensive benefits package including: medical benefits, paid time off, volunteer time off, and discounts on wine (only available to employees 21 years of age and older).
Because we want every employee of Cannonball Wine Company to truly share in the entrepreneurial experience and hold an owner’s perspective and discipline, every employee receives an equity option in Cannonball Wine and Spirits, LLC upon hire. We believe that our entrepreneurial, start-up environment is a great company in which to achieve your professional aspirations!
ONLY RESUMES THAT CONTAIN SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.