** Do not use the "Apply For This Job" feature through winejobs.com***
Please apply for the position described below by following the link:
(or copy and paste into your browser)
* The Culinary Institute of America does not accept resumes or applications that are submitted via e-mail, mail, through job boards, by fax or in person. Please see all of our open positions at www.ciachef.edu/hr and apply on-line.
The Keyholder - Sales Associate provides customers with a unique shopping experience by providing excellent customer service; utilize effective selling techniques and providing in-depth product knowledge in a specialty retail environment.
Responsible for closing and balancing of the day’s transactions, including all cash, checks and credits cards received against closing register reports.
• Customer Service- genuinely greet and welcome customers to the store with enthusiasm.
• Determine and understand customers’ needs by asking open –ended questions.
• Explain the features and benefits, addressing individual customer needs.
• Suggest additional items utilizing sales skills to build multiple sales.
• Ring items on the POS/Cash Register and bag merchandise appropriately to avoid damage when necessary. Handle Voids, Returns and Department Charges.
• Thank the customer.
• Follow through on customer requests as taken.
• Regularly provide feedback to store managers on customer reaction to store and merchandise.
• Maintain the order & cleanliness of the store.
• Assist in stocking/re-stocking of merchandise throughout the store on a daily basis, including trips to the storage cages located in the tunnel.
• Assist in the Shipping/Receiving Department with packing of Shippers, and receiving of Merchandise and other areas as needed.
• Train and assist in all areas of the Flavor Bar as needed- to include setting up of Tasting Experiences, stocking of area and packaging chocolates.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of 2 years Retail Experience.
• Minimum of 2 years Basic Customer Service
• Minimum of 1 year Cash Handling and POS Experience
• Good command of culinary terms.
• Prior experience selling cookware, dinnerware, cutlery, kitchen electrics, bakeware products.
• Exemplary customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good planning and time management skills to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
• The ability to become familiar with the products we carry and their uses.
• Strong cash handling experience in a busy retail environment.
• Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays based upon business needs.
• Regular work requires a great deal of climbing (ladder or step stool), standing, lifting, bending and stretching for up to 8 hours per workday.
• Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Respect for diversity is a core value of The Culinary Institute of America, an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering a diverse learning and working environment.