*** Do not use the "Apply For This Job" feature through winejobs.com***
Please apply for the position described below by following the link:
(or copy and paste into your browser)
* The Culinary Institute of America does not accept resumes or applications that are submitted via e-mail, mail, through job boards, by fax or in person. Please see all of our open positions at www.ciachef.edu/hr and apply on-line.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the Administration Office, assisting the Managing Director, answering phones and assisting guests in a professional manner based on the Standards of Excellence of the CIA.
• Answer all incoming calls in a helpful and professional manner.
• Assist with correspondence and maintain daily calendar for Managing Director.
• Promote positive customer relations with guests, students and staff.
• Maintain all office equipment, i.e., copy machine, printers, fax, postage meter, etc.; record monthly and quarterly readings on postage meter and all copy machines.
• Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of work area including Administration Conference Room; approve online calendar Conference Room reservations.
• Assist the Human Resources Manager with student employment processing.
• Maintain confidentiality of all staff, student and guest information.
• Work cohesively with other departments as part of a team.
• Assist Managing Director with donation requests; process and respond to all requests in a timely manner via mail, email or fax.
• Maintain and provide current information for guests regarding local attractions including wineries, restaurants, lodging, etc.
• Relieve concierge for lunch, breaks, tours and cooking demonstrations when necessary.
• Sort and distribute mail to all departments.
• Run occasional errands to bank, post office, etc.
• Perform special projects as requested.
• A high school diploma or a GED.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in administrative, educational, non-profit, customer service or hospitality environment.
• Strong command of the English language.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Strong customer service orientation, with a pleasant demeanor that welcomes all guests of the CIA.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties; with strong attention to details.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish a plus.
• An Associate's degree in Hospitality Management or a related field.
• Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending and stretching for up to 8 hours per workday.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis.
Respect for diversity is a core value of The Culinary Institute of America, an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering a diverse learning and working environment.