Over 50 years ago, Ridge made its first Monte Bello, and two years later its first zinfandel. Since this time, Ridge has championed single-vineyard winemaking, searching California for those rare vineyards where climate, soil, and varietal are ideally matched. Ridge Vineyards has two locations; high on Monte Bello Ridge in California's rugged Santa Cruz Mountains in Cupertino and in the heart of Sonoma County in Healdsburg.
OBJECTIVE: To provide an exceptional guest-service experience to consumers, wine club members and members of the trade visiting Ridge Vineyards Monte Bello estate. Effectively conduct the sale of wine, wine club memberships, and non-wine merchandise. This position plays a key role in influencing the public’s perception of Ridge Vineyards, therefore, must possess excellent communication and guest service skills.
The Retail Sales & Hospitality Associate must be articulate, self-motivated, customer service oriented, and must be able to work at least one weekend day per week through the duration of the "season" (APRIL to OCTOBER).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide guests with a memorable and unique experience through:
o Personal greetings and farewells, using guest’s names whenever possible.
o Enhanced education about Ridge Vineyard’s history and wines including all relevant appellation and vineyard information.
o Anticipation of guests needs in the areas of sales, service and concierge services.
o Developing relationships with guests to stimulate repeat visits and future sales.
o Hosting unique, engaging and educational tastings.
o Delivering effective sales strategies that result in the sale of wines and wine club memberships while keeping with our service and hospitality standards.
• Daily Operations
o Thorough understanding and ability to operate direct Point-of-Sale/CRM systems (WiMS-Orion/Salesforce) including; ringing sales transactions, researching guest purchase and wine club history, etc.
o Provide adequate set up and breakdown of Tasting Room, Private Tasting Areas, and Picnic areas.
o Stocking of wines, non-wine merchandise and various marketing materials.
o Breaking down and recycling of all necessary elements including cardboard & glass.
o Maintaining wine for tasting through bottle opening, sensory analysis and decantation.
o Packaging wine for guests, including transporting wines to guests automobiles .
o Answering phones when necessary, re-directing incoming calls to the appropriate parties.
o Providing accurate and timely execution of shipping orders.
o Continuously monitoring and maintaining the condition and appearance of the tasting rooms, picnic areas, knoll and surrounding grounds.
o Maintaining accurate inventory of wine and non-wine products through precise transactional processing of sales, returns and markouts.
o Providing end-of-day tasting room breakdown including; washing all dishes, putting away all marketing materials, cleaning of tasting bars, kitchen, offices and surrounding retail areas.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all related duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate college degree preferred.
• Prior experience in a wine service environment preferred.
• Prior experience in the luxury hospitality industry with emphasis on outstanding guest service preferred.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Collaborative/team operational skills.
• Ability to make empowered decisions that positively affect the customer’s experience.
• Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, WiMS, POS, SalesForce, etc.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work special events on multiple weekend days and evenings periodically throughout the year.
• Ability to regularly lift 40 lbs.
• Ability to accept and maintain all discipline and behavior standards unique to the alcoholic beverage industry.
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather environments, on potentially uneven ground of varying material (wood, gravel, dirt, etc.).
• This position requires obtaining ABC-approved Responsible Serving Certification within 2 weeks of hire date. Ridge will compensate staff for online training, up to 5 hours. Additional program details will be provided on first day of employment.