We are seeking two Wine & Spirit Senior Sales Representatives for Houston and one for Austin/San Antonio
This is for serious inquiries with wine sales experience ONLY.
This is a senior sales position to work with existing accounts with a great route and up sale into new accounts.
We are a growing company in beverage distribution throughout the state of Texas with an excellent portfolio, we are seeking a proven Sales Representatives for our Independent Team in our Wine & Spirits Division.
The purpose of an Independent Team Sales Representative is to meet or exceed pre-determined service and sales expectations of while meeting sales, merchandising and route management objectives.
We are taking resumes NOW for experienced wine sales representative with an existing route.
You will be expected to run a route and eventually manage other sales persons.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
· Plan and execute a daily schedule of sales calls on a pre-determined route.
· Effectively plan on a daily, weekly or quarterly basis, with quota and distribution objectives in mind.
· Service and improve the marketability of our products through shelf management, display position and frequency, cold box management, concept selling and price-point management.
· Monitor and collect payment for goods in accordance with state liquor laws if applicable.
· Maintain and implement daily “point of sale" on individual items and meet expectations for visibility and merchandising.
· Communicate through voice-mail, e-mail and proper follow-through on issues deemed important to management, our customers and suppliers
· Be present and punctual for mandatory sales meetings and brand kick-offs.
· Comply with all rules pertaining to warehouse policy and procedure.
· Work with Supplier Representatives and Division Managers in the field.
· Develop your base of wine related knowledge to increase core competency.
· Initiate and participate in in-store tastings to improve sales.
· Demonstrate the ability to think creatively when selling and show initiative.
· Report on issues related to the competitive market and offer suggestions.
· Have a daily knowledge of your position on goals and case quotas.
· Conduct yourself in a professional manner with customers, co-workers and management at all times.
· Communicate/follow up on assigned tasks in an efficient manner.
Able to learn and use our online ordering system for our sales staff.
* You must be 21 years old.
· High School Diploma, college degree preferred
4 years of equivalent work experience
· Ability to lift 40 lbs on a frequent basis.
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record
· Dependable automobile with proof of insurance
· Cell phone
· High proficiency level using Excel, Work, Outlook, Power Point and AS400
· Good wine knowledge & existing route experience
You will be trained
Outside sales environment with driving.
Quota driven work place and elevated commission based compensation.
Requires self-management skills and motivation.
Unpredictable work schedule including nights and weekends