Title: Manager of Tasting Room Sales and Operations, Waterbrook Winery
Waterbrook Winery, established in 1984, is Walla Walla’s 4th founded winery and has earned more than 150 combined Best Buys and scores of 90-points or higher. Best known for its Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chardonnay sourced from throughout the Columbia Valley, Waterbrook features a state-of-the-art winery and a destination tasting room on its 75-acre Walla Walla visitor center and a 160-acre estate vineyard in the Walla Walla Valley AVA. Waterbrook Winery is part of the Precept Wine family, the largest and fastest-growing private wine company in the Northwest.
People, places and excellence are cornerstones that set us apart. We expect every employee will represent the company to the best of their ability and execute their core job responsibilities with passion & creativity, while driving profitability and brand success. Precept Wine is an entrepreneurial company where an employee’s job description will change and evolve over time.
Reporting Structure: Reports directly to the Director of Retail Operations.
Requirements– Lead with integrity, honesty, and experience while promoting an environment focused on excellent customer service, hospitality, and sales. Represent Waterbrook in a positive, professional manner.
• Responsible for achieving monthly and annual tasting room sales and revenue goals.
• Provide leadership, direction and motivation to staff to foster a productive, efficient and positive work environment. Consistently model the behavior that is expected from tasting room staff.
• Managing tasting room staff. Responsibilities include training employees, employee scheduling, assigning/directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts.
• Maintain standard operational excellence for tasting room: ensure customer service standards and service recovery, opening and closing procedures, point of sales system maintenance, and housekeeping.
• Supervise and work in conjunction with the wine club manager to maximize and grow the wine club and other direct to consumer sales channels.
• Ensure staff is trained on wine, history of winery and brand as well as appropriate sales techniques, promotions, and incentives.
• Conduct inventory counts, place purchase orders, review and accept invoices, accurately check in and accept orders, etc. to ensure accurate inventory management.
• Have a valid server’s permit and a valid food handler’s permit for the state of Washington. Follow Washington health and food safety protocol and ensure all TR staff are properly licensed and do follow all health, alcohol and food safety standards and protocols.
• Manage all hospitality experiences at tasting room, bungalow and on grounds – hosting consumers & members of the trade to ensure an optimal experience.
• Work with the catering manager and chef to plan the sales and execution private functions including catering, events, and weddings to meet or exceed the budgeted revenue for catering and events.
• Work closely with the merchandising manager to ensure strong retail merchandise displays which are fully stocked and promote the facility, increase revenue and enhance the overall consumer experience.
• Work closely with the hospitality manager on strategic development of retail business/sales plan.
• Ensure consistent and appropriate brand message is effectively communicated at all times.
• Analyze and report sales information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensure adherence to human resources policies, accounting and inventory procedures.
• Manage donation requests as scheduled.
• Create displays and presentations that encourage sales according to a set schematic.
• Maintain an inviting, organized, clean and fully stocked tasting room at all times.
Summary of Experience
• 5 years of experience in customer service related to hospitality
• 4 years of experience supervising staff
• 1 year of experience in a tasting room setting
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A passion for and sound knowledge of wine
• Committed to providing an unsurpassed level of customer service
• Demonstrated sales ability
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to train and develop a team of highly motivated employees
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to motivate the team to consistently achieve goals and expectations
• Ability to resolve conflict and provide honest, respectful coaching
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of point of sale
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift items up to 40lbs
Job Location: Walla Walla, WA
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: Base salary with competitive benefits and bonus based on achieving sales goals
Next steps: With “Waterbrook Retail” in the subject line, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.