Under the supervision of the Sales Director, the Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for creating a memorable tasting experience and effectively selling wine to direct customers in the tasting room and through private tastings. The current needs of this role are Saturdays and Sundays with an opportunity for increased hours as the busy season begins. Weekends are a must; please do not apply if you are unable to work weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for each guest visiting the tasting room.
• Educate customers about CFV wines, the story, the brand, and Napa Valley.
• Effectively make recommendations to customers to promote wine sales.
• Responsible for daily opening and closing procedures.
• Maintain a presentable environment for visitors; ensure everything is kept tidy and clean at all times.
• Host educational private tasting appointments.
• Assist with outbound calls to customers.
• Assist with special events and off-site pourings as needed.
• Assistance with data entry and inventory transfers as needed.
• Respond to phone and email inquiries and requests.
• Must be willing and able to work all weekends and holidays, occasional evenings.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Outgoing personality; must be extroverted and enjoy interacting with people.
• Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
• Professional, punctual and self-motivated.
• Demonstrated success in wine sales and membership sales.
• One year of tasting room sales experience required; restaurant experience a plus.
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
• Must be 21+ years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
About Chiarello Family Vineyards:
Chiarello Family Vineyards is a small producer of estate grown wines from St. Helena, in the heart of Napa Valley. Proprietor is Michael Chiarello, Napa Valley chef, Emmy-winning TV personality, author and founder of NapaStyle.
The tasting room is located inside of the NapaStyle store in Yountville. Private tastings and food and wine experiences may be arranged by advance appointment.