Over 50 years ago, Ridge made its first Monte Bello, and two years later its first zinfandel. Since this time, Ridge has championed single-vineyard winemaking, searching California for those rare vineyards where climate, soil, and varietal are ideally matched. Ridge Vineyards has two locations; high on Monte Bello Ridge in California's rugged Santa Cruz Mountains in Cupertino and in the heart of Sonoma County in Healdsburg.
OBJECTIVE: To provide an exemplary guest-service experience to trade, press, media, consumer and VIP clients visiting Ridge Vineyards. This position consists of hands-on guest services, setup/breakdown of events as well as administration, coordination, and communication to important stakeholders. Trade guests include but are not limited to restaurant and retail shop owners, managers, buyers and staff; distributors and importers; and account customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Host trade, press, media visiting our property, coordinating with internal stakeholders when necessary (principals, winemakers, and sales managers) to ensure all events at the winery estate are innovative and set high standards that reinforce our brand positioning. Hosting duties include:
>Tours, tastings, & vineyard visits.
>Distributors/importers for multi-day visits.
>Trade lunches or trade dinners.
>Regular weekend appointments.
>Securing wines and any accompaniments; setup and tear-down of tastings.
>Providing follow-up and feedback to the guest and requester.
VIP/Wine Club/Corporate Hosting
• Host consumer visitors, VIP guests and large groups at our property. This may include hosting for tours, tastings, vineyard visits, and specialty presentations and educational seminars (food and wine pairings, sensory analysis, etc.).
• Pour wine and greet guests at major annual events held at our property including consumer tastings, Wine Club events, hospitality Open Houses and wine release parties, among others.
• Pour wine and greet guests at key consumer and trade tasting events throughout the SF Bay Area and beyond, as needed.
Key Internal Partners
• Partner closely with marketing team, retail visitor center staff, and wholesale sales team.
• Partner closely with principals, their executive assistants, and winemakers to ensure communication of all key details about guests they may be hosting/co-hosting.
Research and Analytics
• Provide information obtained through guest interaction (industry trends, economic data, product feedback) to sales and marketing team to assist them in strategic planning.
• Research purchase and portfolio history prior to the guests’ arrival to determine the most appropriate guest experience and collaborate with the respective managers, as needed.
• In collaboration with the Sales & Marketing Coordinator; receive, schedule and confirm trade visits accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintain records and history of visits through our CRM system.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Performs all related duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate college degree preferred; minimum two years’ junior college.
• Minimum three years’ experience in the luxury wine industry with emphasis on exceptional guest service.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Collaborative/team operational skills.
• Ability to make empowered decisions that positively affect the customer’s experience.
• Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, WiMS, etc.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to travel throughout the Bay Area and occasionally beyond, as needed.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.