Dutton-Goldfield winery is a partnership of grapegrower Steve Dutton and winemaker Dan Goldfield, focusing on limited production bottlings of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay primarily from the Russian River Valley. We are a small, fast-paced winery that believes in working hard and playing hard, and if anything is worth doing, it’s worth doing all in.
We are seeking a dynamic, driven and enthusiastic Direct Sales & Hospitality Manager to grow our DTC business. Your job is principally business development, and your vision and creativity will drive our direct business as we grow. You must be passionate about wine, smart and outgoing, and love the numbers and people side of the business equally. You also thrive on juggling multiple and varied responsibilities, and love wearing the many hats and jumping in wherever needed as is always the case at a small winery.
Full-time position, weekends and holidays included.
• Overseeing our Tasting Room vision, image and growth. You’ll recommend and execute creative programs to drive qualified traffic and sales.
• Maintaining our current partnership network while expanding our referral partnerships with new wineries, lodgings, tour drivers, outside organizations and other avenues.
• Research, recommend and participate in off-site special events and industry meetings/events to network, increase traffic to the tasting room, drive customers to our web site and sell wine club memberships.
• Grow our wine club, creating programs to limit attrition of current members and attract new members.
• Oversee Tasting Room Manager and overall operations and profitability of tasting room.
• Recruit, hire, train and motivate TR staff, including establishing policies and procedures, and programs for wine education, DG product knowledge, customer service skills, and sales training (Tasting Room Manager to assist).
• Maintain current reports and create new reports to analyze our business, and identify areas for improvement; execute plans to address these opportunities for growth.
• Build customer relationships, loyalty and sales via inbound and outbound telephone and emails campaigns.
• Manage annual Marketing Calendar and programs, ensuring all deliverables are produced on time and in budget.
• Post on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, etc.) events and activities related to consumers, tasting room, etc.
• Conduct VIP tastings with a goal that visitors feel DG is the highlight of their trip.
• Passionate about wine and our part of the world. Strong knowledge of wine is a plus, but a keen desire to learn and the get-up-and-go to expand your knowledge counts just as much.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. You love to write and write compelling and fresh copy. You are equally confident and comfortable speaking to a large group as you are to a wide variety of individuals one-on-one. You have a broad background and connect easily with people.
• Self-motivated go-getter and able to work with little guidance, but also love working collaboratively with a team.
• People and project management experience, and a natural leader who leads by example.
• Computer savvy on a range of programs, including POS systems.
• Must be at least 21, have a valid CA driver’s license, be able to lift 50 pounds, to sit or stand for extended periods, and all the usual things you’d expect.