Shipping and Receiving/Stock Clerk Position– Part Time - Yountville, CA
We are currently seeking a motivated individual for our Shipping and Receiving position at our Flagship Store in Yountville, CA. This individual would be responsible for all shipping and receiving with vendors, store replenishments and servicing all customer shipments on a timely basis. This position will also support the front of the house and café when necessary.
NapaStyle is a multi-channel retailer created by Napa Valley chef and culinary pioneer, Michael Chiarello. Our flagship retail store opened in Yountville, CA in July, 2008 featuring the best of our unique and artisanal offering of home goods, furniture, cookware and food. The 4300 sq ft store offers a Wine Bar and Paninoteca. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for wine & entertaining this is the career for you.
Job Description (including, but not limited to):
• Excellent customer service skills
• Properly process all inventory transfers
• High level of professionalism
• Duties include shipping, receiving, and inventory
• Upbeat, “can-do” attitude
• High attention to detail
• Excellent organization skills
• Good time management skills
• Excellent attendance
• Collaborative skills
• Hardworking and dedicated
• Willing to work to completion
• Daily clean up of assigned areas
• 2 to 3 years stock clerk or shipping and receiving experience in a retail environment
• Able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
• Experience with groups and tours
• Working weekends will be expected
• Maintaining front of the house sanitation standards
• Able to work overtime when necessary
In addition you would:
• Be an advocate for seasonal and sustainable living and everyday celebrations of food, friends and Family
• Share knowledge and passion about the NapaStyle products with customers, assist them in their selections, make appropriate recommendations and inspire their participation in the NapaStyle brand.
• Build an intimate and relevant rapport with customers, and maintain personal communication with them as appropriate, including written, email and phone correspondence.
• Perform all cashier duties and learn NapaStyle’ POS system.
• Assist in preparation for cooking and product demonstrations as requested.
• Handle shipping and receiving of merchandise in an efficient manner.
• Maintain merchandise stock levels, visual aesthetic and display standards.
• Open and close the store.
About Michael Chiarello:
Michael Chiarello is the tastemaker behind NapaStyle (www.napastyle.com), Chiarello Family Vineyards (www.chiarellovineyards.com) Consorzio Flavored Oils, and is the Emmy Awards-winning host of Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello on the Food Network. Over his 20-year career, Michael has drawn on his Southern Italian roots and Napa Valley way of life to pioneer culinary and lifestyle innovations that inspire friends and family to gather around the table to create meaningful traditions. In 2008, Michael officially stepped back into his clogs and chefs jacket with the opening of his Bottega Napa Valley restaurant (www.botteganapavalley.com), which was quickly named to the Top 100 Bay Area Restaurants (San Francisco Chronicle) and won a critical nod from the Wine Spectator for its wine list all within 6 months of opening. Michael was also the Founding and Executive Chef of Tra Vigne and seven other restaurants, and was twice name Chef of the Year, first by Food + Wine magazine and later by the Culinary Institute of America. Michael is also the proprietor of a small family winery, Chiarello Family Vineyards, making highly rated estate wines from the historic 97-year old vineyards surrounding his home in Napa Valley, California.
All interested parties please email resume and cover letter specifying salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NapaStyle is an equal opportunity employer.