Tasting Room Supervisor (Full Time)
Looking for an enthusiastic, eager individual to join the Clore Center team and lead the Tasting Room operation.
Lead a team of staff and volunteers to design, launch, and oversee the Tasting Room operation. Must be a leader who is a team player and capable of working independently. Focus on wine education and delivering an outstanding consumer experience, while working to achieve established financial goals.
• Available weekdays, weekends, and some evenings.
• Effectively communicates with consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages highlighting the features of Washington State wine and agriculture.
• Supervises and trains tasting room staff.
• Oversees monthly rotating selection of wines, including coordinating the pick-up, delivery, and shipments of wine.
• Works closely with monthly featured wineries to effectively communicate their brand message.
• Supports and assists with snack and food offerings in the tasting room. Food prep may be required.
• Operates cash register and POS system accurately and effectively.
• Stocks merchandise and supplies as needed.
• Assists with program development to offer unique experiences tied to monthly wine themes.
• Assists with special events on evenings and weekends.
• Checks identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance and timeliness.
• Assists with daily cleaning maintenance of tasting room and public areas.
• Represents the Clore Center professionally, graciously, and enthusiastically.
• Train, Supervise, and Schedule Tasting Room staff
• Create a strong team environment
• Work closely with volunteers
• High school diploma or GED plus one year tasting room, retail sales, hospitality or wine education experience
• Experience supervising staff and volunteers
• Point of Sale/Cash register experience
• Required to be 21 years of age or older
• Required to work weekend and special events
• Required to lift and move cases of product that can weigh up to 50 pounds
• Required to be skilled in communication, presentation, sales and customer service
• Knowledge of wine and wine production
• Knowledge of federal and state legal compliance related to tasting room operations
• Must hold a Class 12 Mixologist Permit
Salary based on experience. Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Clore Center, PO Box 1228, Prosser, WA. No phone calls please.