Trinchero Family Estates (“TFE”) is wholly owned and operated by the Trinchero family, Napa Valley vintners since 1948. The company’s diverse portfolio of more than 40 wines and spirits includes such brands such as Sutter Home, Ménage à Trois, Trinchero Napa Valley, SeaGlass, Fancy Pants, Napa Cellars, Terra d’Oro, Trinity Oaks, Folie à Deux, Duck Commander Wines, and the number one alcohol-removed wine, Fre. Trinchero Family Estates also markets and sells Joel Gott Wines; The Three Thieves (Bandit, Newman’s Own, and The SHOW); Charles & Charles; Taken Wine Co.; Angove Wines from Australia; Doña Paula wines from Argentina; Carmen Wines from Chile; Shatter Wines from France; and CRUZ and Tres Agaves Tequilas from Mexico. Visit www.tfewines.com to learn more.
We currently have a Production Procurement Agent position available in our Production department.
To coordinate production purchasing requirements per the production schedule, initiate and maintain purchasing controls, and execute other related projects such as packaging changes.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Maintain production purchasing information by supply and supplier, including but not limited to; coordinating purchase orders, maintaining price lists and amendments.
• Edit production department requisitions, and assure that all production departments are operating in compliance with purchasing policies.
• Prepare & execute purchase orders and scheduling agreements. Verify accuracy of our supplier acknowledgments to our purchase orders.
• Assure all production purchase orders for supplies are complete with written, detailed specifications to include quality and performance requirements.
• Track supplier information and, where possible, recommend other supplies or another supplier to improve cost, delivery and quality.
• Solicit and analyze quotes for all supplies as required for all production departments.
• Reference contract documents for price, delivery, and quantity commitments. Negotiate as required for non-contract items.
• Maintain all supply term contract files, including contract originals, revisions and price changes.
• General office duties, control and maintain files, checklists, price book, prepare purchase orders for approval. Maintain tickler files to follow up on assignments, orders as required. Compose letters, reports and contact with suppliers as directed.
• Source new vendors/suppliers as required. - Learn other department activities with cross training to serve in a back up capacity maintaining bottling supplies inventory, including but not limited to; glass, corks, caps/capsules, labels, cartons and misc. supplies.
• Assist with the preparation of various production and packaging projects as needed.
• Track returns & credits due TFE.
• Provide support and back up to the department supervisor as requested in various production purchasing and packaging related duties.
• Provide back up for Production Procurement Coordinator & Production Purchasing Clerk in supply tracking, reports, purchase order generation and validation of information before approvals. Assists other departments in location of supplies, information, tracking of orders as requested.
• Responsible for understanding Quality Management System related activities, including the quality policy and ISO work instructions, and documented internal business processes.
• Degree in Accounting, Business and/or Management preferred. ISM Certification (CPM) is a plus.
• 3 to 5 years previous experience in purchasing required with a focus on production.
• Experience and strong working knowledge of SAP ERP and MRP systems and supply chain (supply and demand) optimization techniques required.
• Working knowledge of procurement contracts and purchasing terms and conditions required.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
• Must be able to take, give and communicate detailed verbal and written messages.
• Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow through essential.
• Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Able to comprehend and synthesize purchasing requirements into a plan of action, facilitating the agreement of managers and co-workers on project needs.
• Must be able to work to meet deadlines on multiple tasks at any one time.
• Office environment
• Usually work a standard work week.
• Extensive computer work
• May be required to work at any of TFE's locations
• Frequent deadline pressures
• Numerous projects in progress at any given time
• May be required to work some overtime hours
• Comply with company safety regulations