Manager: Wine Club, Sales & Marketing
Seeking a dynamic, driven and self-directed individual to join and compliment our team in a management roll over Wine Club, Sales and Marketing, and community building specialties.
Wine Club Manager Responsibilities:
• Increase wine club membership, sales and profitability.
• Provide exceptional customer service; responding to member inquiries via telephone, email or written correspondence in a timely manner.
• Train and motivate retail sales staff in proper sales techniques for creating and maintaining successful wine club programs.
• Maintain wine club incentive program for retail sales staff.
• Event planning for the wine club and successful execution of all club events.
• Process shipping orders, billing and collecting credit card data accurately.
• Maintain all membership files.
• Accurately process phone and internet orders, charges, returns and special requests.
• Oversee compliance for shipments, working directly with Compliance Mgr.
• Manage the development of all wine club collateral and/or marketing materials pertaining to wine club.
• Manage wine movement between winery, warehousing and shipping company to ensure flawless execution of wine club shipments.
• Develop, promote and sell all wine club special events and promotional wine offers.
• Reception and office administrative duties as needed or assigned.
• Wine Club sales and marketing activities as integrated with HKG Brand manager and as a function of overall sales and marketing efforts.
Sales & Marketing Responsibilities:
• Outside sales: directly responsible for generating and increasing sales via direct, broker and FOB channels in California and out of state markets.
• Helping to construct and meeting/exceeding annual sales plan.
• Supervise and manage broker and distributor relationships in CA and out-of-state. Monitoring and tracking of progress as it relates to sales plan and goals.
• Develop familiar, consistent and productive sales relationships with all customers.
• Make product presentations and open new accounts within California and selected out of state markets.
• Verify, modify and update placements in existing accounts.
• Maintain detailed sales, marketing and merchandising records.
• Understand and comply with all State and Federal regulations regarding sale and promotion of brands.
• Attend sales meetings and participate in any efforts beyond standard working hours to achieve plan and company goals.
• Assist with development, initiation, launch and tracking of promotional programs and events.
• Work with retail tasting room and wine club staff and management to better understand our customer and to develop, initiate and track sales strategies.
Qualifications & Skills:
• 2-5 years marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, hospitality and/or event coordination experience. Prior wine club experience preferred.
• Excellent story-teller, conversational communicator and event host.
• Minimum high school diploma. College level degree or education courses in marketing, sales or wine business desired and preferred.
• Proficient MS Office skills required. VinNow experience a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Exemplary phone etiquette and outstanding customer service skills required.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Attention to detail a must.
• Knowledge of wine and the wine industry in general highly desirable.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs and stand comfortably for long periods of time.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
* This is not an entry level position. Qualified candidates only, please. *