Destination Wine Company is a small production winery focused on making compelling, unique wines which tell a story. For wines under the Destination moniker, the story is told through the vineyard. Soil, weather, location and history all contribute to the individual personality of the place reflected in the wines. The story of Honor wines is told through the philanthropy supporting the extraordinary men and women who have served our country in the military, their families and the community of like-minded wine professionals who contribute their time and talent. A portion of all proceeds from Honor are given back to charities which assist the families of wounded or fallen soldiers.
This is a great opportunity to get on board with a quickly growing winery. This entry level position has the potential to grow as we grow into the next phase of our production.
In working as part of a small artisan team, further the exposure of the company through online and print media, manage the day to day maintenance of our e-commerce portals, compliance reporting and ensure we exceed our member’s expectations in the flawless delivery of our wines and experiences. As a brand ambassador, represent the style and image of Destination and Honor in all guest and professional interactions, focusing on the delivery of personalized service at every touch point and development of long term customer relationships. As a member of a small team, everyone is expected to pitch in where needed with whatever needs to be done and help us grow into the next phase of our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Client Services: (10%)
• Assist, as needed, in planning and executing client experiences.
• Plan and coordinate the logistics of events, both in and out of California including the securing of locations, the shipping of wines and communication of set-up needs.
• Maintain excellent contact with all winery partners and service providers
2. E-Comm and Social Media (40%)
• Maintain and implement the accuracy and professional appearance of all brand and product pages.
• Formatting and posting new content both on the portal and the blog.
• Creating, formatting and releasing email blasts, social media and newsletter.
• Facebook and Twitter minimum one post per site per day
• Blog and Newsletter minimum once per week each
3. Logistics, Compliance and Shipping (35%)
• Organize and Consolidate Reporting for Compliance
• Fulfillment and shipping of all special orders depending on client needs.
• Interact with our vendors (wood box company, collateral companies, etc.) to ensure timely delivery and fit and finish of products.
• Pack boxes and ship as needed.
• Interact with our fulfillment company to ensure smooth transactions
4. Outreach, Business Development: (10%)
• Promote the goodwill and image of Destination Wine Company to current and prospective winery partners and area gatekeepers in the local business area through personal outreach and ongoing business development.
• Develop and maintain a close working relationship with key hospitality partners that facilitate cooperation and a shared commitment to customer service excellence creating a “community” of outstanding luxury guest service.
• Work independently to identify new business development opportunities, create and proactively implement guest service improvements.
5. Education: (5%)
• Maintain, update and expand knowledge of viticulture, enology by participating in related educational opportunities sponsored by the winery and outside sources
• Share new knowledge and experiences with team mates to benefit the entire team.