We are a family owned privately held business located near Fresno, California. We are looking for a Controller/CFO with winery/grape juice processing experience.
The Controller/CFO will be involved in developing and communicating financial aspects of the Company’s strategic plan, performance, progress and prospects to the Company’s board, banks, and service providers.
The Controller/CFO will also be responsible for managing the internal systems according to GAAP, tax planning and grape purchase accounting. They must be able and willing to perform basic accounting functions as well as directly or indirectly supervise a 5 person accounting staff. Other areas of responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Be a partner with the management team in improving performance of the Company.
• Proactively identify and champion initiatives that will continually improve the Company’s financial performance.
• Lead an accounting team so that it operates at a high level including improving the timeliness and accuracy of all activities.
• Implement management reports and information tools that will support the successful execution of the Company’s initiatives, including reports that exhibit profitability by product line or activity.
• Track inventory and perform yield calculation and cost accounting functions as needed.
• Ensure property and other tax reports are filed in a timely manner.
• Prepare tax estimates and supporting schedules for income tax returns.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports.
• Administer insurance programs.
• Administer debt financing arrangements.
• Serve as trustee and company representative for 401(k) plans.
• Participate in the year end audit, prepare audit schedules as needed, approve and distribute audited financial statements.
• Maintain a current working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
• Participate in special projects, preparing financial data as necessary.
• Ensure all corporate and normal business and ethical standards are adhered to and correct any deviations.
• Minimize surprises by being keenly focused on, and attuned to, the performance of the business and its key performance indicators.
The position requires a minimum of 10 years accounting experience of which 5 years must be as a Controller or CFO. CPA license preferred. Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. Candidates with winery/grape juice processing industry experience will be given preferred consideration. Top candidates must have strong financial analysis, communication skills, and organizational skills.
Excellent salary and benefits as well as a friendly, family-business environment. Please submit your resume, salary history and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to 559-432-5831. No phone calls please.