The Napa Valley Grapegrowers are holding a press conference on the California drought and what growers in the Napa Valley are doing to mitigate its effects.
Here are the details:
What: You are invited to cover this interactive discussion about the California drought, officially declared by Gov. Jerry Brown
Where: Napa Valley Grapegrowers Association, 1795 Third Street, Napa, CA 94559
When: Tuesday, January 28, 10am PST
· Hal Huffsmith, Director, Napa Valley Grapegrowers and Director of Vineyard Operations, Trinchero Family Estates
· Domenick Bianco, Member, Napa Valley Grapegrowers and Vineyard Manager, Renteria Vineyard Management
Note: Access to vineyards and one-on-one interviews will be provided after the conference
Press conference topics include:
· Current data
· Various growing conditions - valley floor vs. hillside
· Current Napa groundwater situation
· Water policy and strategies
· How growers are mitigating drought challenges with water management best practices
Tweet questions to: @NVGrapegrowers
Streaming details: The conference will be streamed live via Internet beginning at 10:10 a.m. PST at http://tinyurl.com/o6calr8 for those who cannot attend in person.