Registration is open for the 2013 Annual Central Coast Insights Program: "Recognition in the Global Marketplace: The Character of the Central Coast," to be held on Thursday, March 14, at the Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo.
Wine Symposium Group President Kathy Archer and Conference Coordinator Waunice Orchid have once again planned an in-depth event that's already attracting a lot of interest. "There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm on the Central Coast. They're coming back into their own again, and there are a lot of great wines coming out of the area. Registrations are up. It's going to be a great event," Waunice said.
Hahn Family Wines former*president Bill Leigon will speak during dinner at Edna Valley Vineyard. The program includes presentations on the 2013 Central Coast Insights Survey, a Global Perspective of Finance and Wine Supply, Symphony IRI Report on Consumer Trends and much more. Check out the entire program and register on The Wine Symposium Group's website.
Here's the lineup of speakers:
* David Freed, Chairman, The Silverado Group
* Vernon Crowder, SVP & Agricultural Economist, Rabobank
* Steve Dorfman, Partner/Broker, Ciatti
* Curtis Mann, Director of Wine & Spirits Insights
* Pamela Hiett, President, Project P-H
* Stewart McLennan, Co-Founder, The Garagiste Festivals
* Doug Minnick, Co-Founder, The Garagiste Festivals
* Matt Murphy, President, Presqu’ile Winery
* Matt Trevisan, Owner & Winemaker, Linne Calodoead
* Robert Nicholson, President, International Wine Associates
* June McIvor, Esq. Partner, Sinsheimer Johnke McIvor & Stroh LLP
* Adam Beak, Sr. Vice President, Bank of the West
* Ben Slaughter, ARA, Correia-Xavier, Inc.
* Steve Palmer, CPA, Partner, C & D
* Michael Sgobba, CPA, Supervisory Manager
* Doug Wilson, VP Winery Relations, Plata Wine Partner/Silverado Premium Properties
* Mike Testa, Central Coast Grower Representative, E & J Gallo
* Katie Dirkes, Central Coast Grower Representative, Kendall Jackson Family Wine
* Audra Cooper, Central Coast Broker, Turrentine Brokerages
* This just in:
Hahn Family Wines is excited to announce the promotion of Tony Baldini from General Manager to President, overseeing all aspects of sales and marketing, winemaking, and brand development for this growing family wine company with nine brands, including Hahn Estate, Smith & Hook, and Cycles Gladiator. Baldini replaces Bill Leigon, who is departing the company after more than a decade at the helm to pursue a new opportunity within the wine industry.