Spring Mountain Vineyard, one of the Napa Valley’s premier, privately-owned wineries and historic estates is seeking an experienced Wine Educator with outstanding sales skills. The individual must be able and committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and increasing direct sales of wine and Wine Club memberships. The position will undertake all daily Tasting Room activities, including but not limited to, conducting tastings and their related operations.
The successful candidate will have strong consultative sales skills, an enthusiastic, congenial and elegant presentation style, an appreciation for and knowledge of wine, an ability and willingness to work weekends and occasional evenings and travel occasionally, and have an unwavering commitment to creating memorable experiences commensurate with the elegance of the property and quality of the wines. The applicant should be experienced in selling fine wine, knowledgeable about Napa Valley and able to thrive with minimum supervision.
• Minimum of 2-3 years as a successful Wine Educator or equivalent; Sommelier certification a plus
• Outstanding consultative sales skills (please focus on consumer sales accomplishments)
• Exemplary customer service/hospitality focus
• Knowledge of food and wine, the wine industry and Napa Valley restaurants, wineries and resorts
• Dynamic, elegant & friendly attitude
• Professional appearance
• Ability to start a project and carry through to successful implementation
• Must be able to consistently maintain enthusiasm and project a positive company image
• Must possess at least intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Word &, Excel
• Must know how to use POS/reservations systems
• Promote and sell Wine Club memberships and wines
• Provide guests with a memorable experience through a friendly, elegant and informative presentation
• Educate guests about the estate’s wines
• Open/proof wine, clean and buff wine glasses and bus venue upon guests’ departure
• Set up tasting venues with glasses, tasting notes, water, and all proper marketing materials
• Pour and describe wines and winemaking techniques
• Handle routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers and daily accounting for sales and inventory management
• Package wines for guest
• Write follow up thank you emails/notes to guests, when appropriate
• Anticipate guests needs
• Know about other wineries and their wines; use that information to recommend other wineries with quality tasting experiences
• Develop ongoing relationships with guests to foster repeat visits and future sales.
• Assist with hospitality/wine club special events, special wine tastings- including off site events, and VIP luncheons/dinners, including after hour events.
• Restock inventory room
• Answer phones when necessary and understand where to direct incoming calls
• Stay current on recent wine reviews, industry issues
• Provide a secure environment at close of day insuring final security, alarming of all tasting venues and undertaking all closing activities including preparation of the daily Tasting Room report.
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Must be able to travel occasionally (predominantly locally), work weekends and some evenings
• Must be able to stand for protracted periods
• Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.(a case of wine) on a repeated basis
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position; however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
Full Time Position
Outstanding wage, incentive and benefits package for an outstanding performer