Creative Oak, a distinguished brand of Cork Supply Group, is a wine industry supplier of California-made French oak alternatives and is seeking an experienced Sales Consultant with wine making knowledge to join their team.
A premium oak alternatives supplier in the United States, Creative Oak offers an exciting career opportunity for a wine passionate, driven, loyal, and personable individual. The ideal candidate for this role will bring to the company exceptional sales and relationship building skills. Our dynamic sales environment fosters heavy communication and a collaborative working model that includes working with our Customer Service, Supply Chain, Technical, Accounting, and Operations teams, while selling oak product lines to develop deep and lasting partnerships with our customers. New account development is at the forefront of this position.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales
• Manage and plan daily, weekly and monthly visits to wineries within a given territory to promote and sell product lines and reach agreed upon goals.
• Perform in-house tasting trials to educate customers on toast profiles.
• Advise and consult on how to use our products in winemaking to achieve customer goals.
• Inform and educate customers on company products and services including added value services of the company.
• Seek out new customer opportunities and maintain strong relationships with established customers.
• Set annual territory budget by product, quantity and revenue.
• Participate in the implementation of the annual Strategic Deployment Plan and report metrics on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
• Manage expense account and stay within budgeted goals.
• Work with Technical Services on new product trials.
• Act as a liaison between customer and CSR for orders and special requests.
• Maintain excellent communication with customers and provide unparalleled service.
• Take part in events to market product line such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
• Work with managers and peers within every department of the company to foster a team atmosphere and promote company goals and objectives.
• Keep up on competitive information and industry changes; maintain close awareness of all competitors, their products and pricing.
• Demonstrate loyalty and a high level of integrity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Viticulture, or related field.
• 1-3 years of direct (face-to-face) sales experience. Wine making knowledge and experience preferred.
• Highly motivated by personal and professional success.
• Strong sales skills, specifically conversational acuity, phone prospecting and follow-up skills.
• Database management skills including customer profile updates, meeting notes, customer specifications and order entry.
• Organized with high attention to detail, independent and self-sufficient.
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills that effectively communicate the competitive advantages of our products.
• Experience in building solid relationships with customers and providing excellent customer service.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Passionate about the wine industry, actively participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications and stay up-to-date and ahead of trends in the industry.
• Willing to work wine industry related events that fall outside of “normal” business hours.
• Able to drive and sit for long periods of time.
• Able to travel both domestic and internationally.
Competitive Salary and Commissions, Bonus Plan, 401K and Health Benefits
ABOUT CORK SUPPLY USA:
Whether in sales, customer service, supply chain, accounting, technical lab services or operations, Cork Supply is home to talented industry specialists. Each brings remarkable knowledge, skill and a can-do spirit to a team united in a common passion to assure quality and customer satisfaction.
Cork Supply Group companies span North and South America, Europe, Australia and South Africa, producing and distributing premium quality winemaking and wine packaging products and services under its distinguished family of brands. In the United States, Cork Supply™ is the wine industry’s Top-of -the-Bottle Experts, specializing in natural, technical and sparkling corks, Nomacorc® synthetics, screw caps, Rivercap® tin, poly-laminate and PVC capsules, and Sparflex® champagne foils and wire hoods. Constructed and opened in 2009, our cooperage, home to Tonnellerie Ô and Creative Oak, employs a veteran team of experienced barrel makers and oak product specialists. Tonnellerie Ô locally handcrafts exceptionally fine French and American oak barrels that are essential to the world’s finest wines. Creative Oak produces fine California-made French oak alternatives.
Learn more online at: www.corksupply.com, www.tonnellerieo.com, www.creativeoak.com, and www.corksupplygroup.com.